In the heart of the East Village, the Village Inn gives backpackers the opportunity to experience the hippest part of Manhattan. Home of the world famous St. Mark’s Place and Astor Place, the East Village is made up of many restaurants and bars, such as Yaffa Caffe and McSorley’s Old Ale House (literately next door to them!). The East Village still boils with the vibe created by the hippies, musicians and artists who first arrived here in the 1960s. In the streets, a mixed crowd walks alongside with students from the New York University, which has many of its college housing located here.
The Village Inn is a totally renovated walk-up 4 story building that can accommodate travelers looking for the fun and history of the neighborhood. The dormitory rooms can sleep up to 6 people, and they all have private facilities. Private rooms are not available at the moment. Next to their fully equipped kitchen, a flat screen TV entertains their guests in a large common area. Here, guests wake up to their well known “two thumbs up” free continental breakfast, an assortment of bagels, muffins, fruits, cereal, coffee, milk and juice.
From February 1 to March 31, when you or your party stay in their dormitory rooms at least 5 consecutive nights, one night is FREE!!! That's right! For every 5 consecutive nights you only pay for 4 nights!
Simply ask the front desk for your bonus when you check in and enjoy one night in their hostel completely free of charge!
Bonus night accommodation promotion is subject to availability and is only valid for the night right after your stay ends (it can not be used as credit towards future reservations).
* Washington Square Park
* NYU - New York University Campus
* Tompkins Square / St Marks Place
* New Museum of Art
* Union Square Park
* Lower East Side
* Chelsea / Village / Soho (10 minutes walk)
* Chinatown / City Hall / Brooklyn Bridge / Wall Street / World Trade Center / Battery Park / Downtown Area (10 minutes by subway)
* Times Square / Empire State Building / Grand Central Station / Rockefeller Center / Midtown (10 minutes by subway)
* Central Park / Upper East Side / Museum Mile / Lincoln Center (20 minutes by subway)
27 East 7th St
New York City